Have you purchased a handcrafted mechanical pencil and the lead has run out? Not sure how to replace the lead? It is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Your mechanical pencil (like these)
- .7mm lead refills (you can get these in any office supply store, I got these at the $1 store)
Steps to replace the lead:
- Once you have gathered your supplies you are going to want to pull the cap & eraser off the top of your pencil. To do this gently pull up and it should just come out.
You can see in the cap comes off to reveal the eraser and the eraser also easily pulls out (and can be easily replaced too) to reveal where the lead is stored.
As you can see, I have 2 lead pieces left in mine. I am going to add a few more so I don’t run out.
2. Simple take the lead from the package and drop it in the opening where the lead is stored.
3. Once you put the lead in replace the eraser and cap and click it a few times to get the lead out (so to speak). That is it! All loaded up and ready to write.
If you are interested in purchasing a handcrafted pencil like the ebony and copper mechanical pencil featured in this post, we got you covered. Check us out at our Etsy store: A Good Turn Colorado.